Monday, May 14, 2007

After 2+ months of eating Korean food almost daily, I've got to admit that I'm just not that into it. I'm certainly more used to eating it, but I don't find myself looking forward to it (korean barbecue is the only exception). I definitely don't crave anything. It's actually quite disheartening not to like the food. I enjoy the social and cultural aspects of eating and feel I'm missing out on that here. As for trying new restaurants... they all pretty much look the same and serve the same food. There is thankfully one restaurant, Chopsticks, that does a modern take on Korean food and it's quite good. Too bad it's not closer to my neighborhood!

I won't be swearing off Korean food for good. I enjoy galbi (Korean barbecue) and will probably appreciate other dishes more when I'm not eating them all the time. Hopefully. In the meantime, I'm happy to report that I haven't eaten rice for a full week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home