Monday, October 01, 2007

Reasons to Be Excited

Normally I'm not so excited to get back into the swing of things after a great vacation, but this week is shaping up to be exceptional:

1. I began my fourth week of training for taekwondo this morning and have my first belt test on Thursday.

2. Thursday also happens to be my 24th birthday. Interestingly, this will be my third birthday abroad.

3. I found out the results today of a province-wide UN speech and essay competition that 16 of my students participated in about a month ago. I taught extra classes to help the students prepare and have been eagerly awaiting the results. Seven of our students placed in the top nine, including places one through four! The first place winner goes to the UN in New York. Needless to say, I'm thrilled that my students did so well!

4. The cancellation of my 9 to 11 class tonight is allowing me to write this blog entry and to begin writing about my trip to Japan.

So far so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home