Thursday, October 11, 2007

Taekwondo: νƒœκΆŒλ„

We were supposed to have our first belt test last Thursday but it was unfortunately postponed because Master Yoon had to be out of town. We found this out in the middle of class and my excitement and energy deflated almost immediately. I performed horribly for the last half hour of class and felt so dispirited that I took Friday off.

I approached Monday's class with mild enthusiasm and was surprisingly motivated by having to do sprints. Wednesday's class was my favorite. Master John brought out mats and we started off with somersaults and gradually advanced to cartwheels, roundoffs and jumps. We practiced hand stands that segued into back bends, designed to prepare us for flips, and ended with jumping side and back kicks. How often do adults get to do cartwheels?! I loved it!

Tomorrow will be the first time I make 5 classes in a row. When I started I was too sore to go all five days. Progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home