Monday, February 11, 2008

Tokyo: Tsukiji Market

If anything, one should be going to sleep at 4am in Tokyo, not waking up at such a time. However, I found myself doing just that on Friday, the last day of my trip. I woke up early in order to watch the tuna auction at the famed Tsukiji Market, the largest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world. I went with two Australian women I met at my hostel and unfortunately we didn't arrive until after the auction excitement had died down. We still saw the huge tuna set out on wooden slats on the warehouse floor and buyers hauling off their purchases with big hooks. After checking out the tuna, we wandered around the market before enjoying the freshest sushi I'll probably ever have.





















A satisfying breakfast and end to the Tsukiji Market experience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home