Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Springtime in Cheongju






The river that bisects Cheongju is lined with the brilliant yellow of the forsythia and the lush whiteness of the cherry blossoms. I took a nice walk on Sunday and again on Monday to enjoy the blossoms and the warm weather. Some children were riding their bikes or were roller blading along the path by the river, but I was surprised not to see more children out on a Sunday.


This playground is near my apartment. Although there were two girls playing, I couldn't help but wonder, where are all the children? Later I ran into one of my students and I asked her what she was doing. "Math".

After my walk, I went to my favorite little teahouse downtown. Here's the entrance:

On my first visit, I was perusing some of the design magazines that are left out and found an article featuring this teahouse. I wasn't surprised- the place is like a magical little retreat in the midst of bright neon signs and fake flowers. I go here whenever I need to relax and de-stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home